Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Snowboarding



Spring is here, which means it's time to go SNOWBOARDING! That's right, Kelly Canyon is just around 10 miles from Blaine and Shari's house and it is closed for the season, which means free snowboarding! It was 60 degrees here the other day (extremely windy, but we take what we can get!), but up the mountain there is still snow. I've only attempted snowboarding once when I was 18, so Jake and I grabbed some boards and hit the slopes! Jake has been snowboarding for years so he's a pretty good teacher. I'm no pro, but maybe I would've learned a little faster if I wasn't exhausted from hiking up the hill!! Now I believe a lift ticket is worth every penny!

Here is the slope at Kelly Canyon we hiked. 



Jake made up there before me... surprise surprise....
  


He makes it look so easy.. and there is absolutely no snow on the other side of that mountain.

Now it's my turn to try

I'm trying to figure it out.

It's such a workout!


<3
I wish most of my day was spent like this...
But really it looked like this!
 
We had a good time.
 I'm a little sore from falling and pulling myself back up, but I finally got to use my snowpants outside of walking in Jake's backyard.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

You look so professional in that one picture! Glad those board pants are working out for you!