Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Things are starting to come along

 So we got an apartment as you read in the last blog, and last Saturday we had engagement pictures taken by Amy Bennion Photography for free! Chelsea won a free session from a contest and she let us have it. She's such an amazing sister :) So hopefully the pictures will be put up on Saturday and as soon as we get the pictures we can make a wedding announcement! Amy did a fantastic job and we are all very excited to see how the pictures turned out.

This morning I received a phone call about an interview for a job with Special Services for the school system here in Rexburg. June 7th is my interview date and I'm really hoping that I get this job. I applied for one other position and I think I will be getting an interview for that job this week as well. I really need one of these jobs so keep your fingers crossed for me! Getting a job would be a huge relief right now, since Jake will no longer be working as of September. He might work a little here and there, but he needs to focus on the Paramedic Program. I will still be working part time for Journeys, but 22 hours a week at minimum wage won't cut it once we get married. The school job would start at the end of August or the beginning of September so I would have a full time and part time job... just like the good 'ol days before I started school.

79 days until we get married! We're going to start planning the reception for Idaho in the next couple of weeks and the Virginia one is pretty much done. Plans are being made, registries are almost finished, and  now I just need to figure out what shoes I'm going to wear and how I'm going to do my hair for the wedding. (I'm wearing Chelsea's dress, so I'm glad I didn't have to go out and search for one). We're starting to collect odds and ends when we can. Chelsea and Rhet gave us a TV this past weekend when we went down to Santaquin for Kyler's first birthday. (He is getting so big and he is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen!) We have my old microwave and some old dishes that will be nice to have if we don't get any dishes as a wedding gift. We are keeping our eyes open for a good deal on a mattress set, but I think we will probably end up going to the mattress warehouse in Idaho Falls. They have some pretty sweet deals going on right now.

Anyways, those are the updates and now I am going to go up to the fire station and eat lunch with Jake.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Yup sounds like I just earned 5 more cool points!