Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Just Sitting Here Thinking...

I have a few different topics on my mind right now and here they are:
(these are my ramblings, so if they don't make sense-get over it. haha)

FAMILY:
I am so grateful for every person in my immediate and extended family. Each person is so different from one another, but have so much to bring to our family. It makes us well rounded and has taught me to see things from other perspectives. I have my own opinions about things, but I have never once thought that things are "my way or the highway." I like to step into other people's shoes and see how they perceive the world and my family has taught me how to do that.

To my Mom and Dad: Thank you for raising me right. Thank you for continually supporting me even when you haven't agreed with my decisions, and thank you for helping me out even when I don't ask for it. I tell Heavenly Father how grateful I am for both of you every day.

To Adam, Brian, Chelsea, and Erica: You are my best friends and I will love you forever no matter what. Some of us talk to each other more than others, but I value every minute we share together. Please remember how much I love you even when I forget to call. I miss each one of you so much.

To the Wilcox's- You are my home away from home. I am so grateful for your open arms and the support you have been to Jake and I while we have been dating and now as we are planning to be married. I have always been treated like a part of the family and I appreciate everything that each of you has done for me over the past year.

JAKE:
He gets his own category box because he is my fiance. I have finally found my soul mate. I don't really believe in soul mates because I think it's kinda stupid to think there is one person on this Earth that was put here specifically to find you, but Jake has become my soul mate. I cannot imagine being apart from him because we are best friends. We understand and support each other in every aspect of life. We laugh together every day and we can (and do) talk about everything. We love one another- and not that artificial/superficial kind of love, but the kind of love that you makes you want to do anything and everything for the other person. The kind of love where you pray for the other person more than you pray for yourself because you put their needs and feelings first. It's a two way street- I'd say we both give and take equally, but really we both spend our time giving to each other more than we take. I can't help but smile when I see him. We are happy and that is a blessing. When we get married we'll probably have just enough to get by, but it doesn't matter because we are gonna have so many good times. Jake is a hard worker and puts other people before himself. He has 4 jobs right now (yes...4!) and goes to school full time, but he makes sure that he sees me every day.

...Ok, I could talk about him all day, so I'll move on. Just know he is a dream come true! and if you ever read this Jake I hope you know how much you mean to me. August 13th can't come fast enough... I want to be married so I can spend more time with you and be with you forever!


FRIENDS:
I have met a lot of people throughout the years and for those who know me really well, you know that I LOVE the books and movies by Tyler Perry's character "Madea". I like her quote about friends:
"
Some people are like leaves on a tree. The wind blows and they are over here, the wind blows again and they are over there. They are unstable and when the season’s change they whither and die- they’re gone. Most people in the world are like that-they are just there to take from the tree. They are only there to take and give shade every now and then. That’s all they can do, but don’t get mad at people like that because that’s who they are they were put on this earth to be a leaf.  Some people are like a branch on a tree and you have to be careful about those branches too because they will fool you. They make you think they are a good friend and they’re real strong but the minute you step out on their arm they’ll break and leave you high and dry. But if you find 2 or 3 people in your life that are like the roots at the bottom of that tree than you are truly blessed. Those are the kind of people that ain’t going nowhere. They aren’t worried about being seen, don’t nobody have to know that they know you, they don’t have to know what they are doing for you, but if those roots weren’t there that tree couldn’t live. A tree can have a hundred million branches but only a few roots at the bottom to make sure it gets everything it needs. When you get you some roots hold on to them. But the rest of them… let ‘em go. Just let folks go"

Thank you to all the roots in my life. You know who you are.


3 comments:

Mommala said...

Gotta love that Madea don't you???
You know how much I love her!!
We love you so much Darcie and we are so happy that YOU are happy! Can't wait for the big day and to have Jake in our family.....oh wait..he already is!!!!

Chelsea said...

Ha Mom - that was so lame - haha jk! I'm just bitter I didn't get a separate favorite sister post, cause I AM your favorite, right? (Think wisely on this, you have alot riding on it!) haha

Erica said...

Clearly I am her favorite Chelsea... its called one word... Inheritance. I do lurve that Madea.