Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

this is a long one!

Here's a blog to catch you up on the week!

To sum up Monday, in my physical science class, we talked about growing technologies and how we need to start using them in more productive and uplifting ways. I really liked this class discussion because it was a little bit of a reality check for me. Take my ipod for example, let’s say I have 200 songs on my nano… how much of that is uplifting me or turning my thoughts to the Savior? I’ll tell you... little to none. Don’t get me wrong, I love all types of music and I don’t think it’s sinful to listen to it, but after this class I thought to myself- how nice would it be to walk to class and have an inspirational word pop up on my shuffle in between songs? Or instead of spending countless hours watching youtube videos and reading random articles on AOL news about the top 10 places to vacation or how the latest pop star went to rehab, I should probably set some of that time aside for reading literature that will actually impact me or have meaning in my life.
Anyways, I’m just ranting on, but it really made me think... on to Tuesdays adventures….

Tuesdays are always loooooong days for me, but over the past few weeks I’ve learned to love them. Yesterday started out like any other Tuesday, I woke up, read my reading assignment for class, got ready for the day, and biked to class. And I’m not going to sugar coat the day, class was extremely BORING! I’m pretty sure everybody was confused about all the nanotechnology talk, some of it was really interesting, but we all kinda stopped listening towards the end. But once class was over, it was straight to devotional! I’m a little sad that I won’t be attending another Tuesday devotional until January, but I suppose I can always read them online J If I had to pick out one thing that stood out to me from yesterday’s devo, it would have to be a quote that was shared by Spencer W. Kimball. It said:

“God does notice us, and He watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs.”

Now just think about that for a few minutes.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve just needed somebody to talk to, and I’ve received an unexpected phone call from an old friend or someone stops by to check in on me. It’s moments like that where you know God is mindful of you.

But moving on, devotional ended at 2:50 and I have class at 3:00, so I had to weasel my way through the crowd to get to class on time. Then the teacher showed up late and I realized I could’ve gone to the MC to get lunch before I got there. Boo. I was hungry, and the lab lasted a little over 3 hours. I was ready to go home when it was over! So it was about 6:30 when I got home, and I needed to go to the gym to record my weight before and after I worked out because I’m seeing how much I sweat while working out for 3 days for a friend’s class. I don’t know how I get myself into these things, but I’m going to continue to work out even after it’s done. Even though I’m tired after exercising, I feel really good when I’m done. So after the sweat-fest, I came home and showered and then my friend Tyler came over with the motorcycle he bought on Monday. Naturally I had to ride on it, [even though motorcycles SCRARE me], but I figured that Tyler would just take me around “the burg”. But I was wrong, we went down some roads out past the water tower, and suddenly we were cruising through miles of green farming fields. Here are a few pics I took while I was on the bike.

(I hope you appreciate these cause I had to release my death grip on Tyler to take them)







Look at that sky! It was BEAUTIFUL! It's nice to just slow down and take a break from everything every once and awhile. Everything was so still and quiet, which I think really magnified the beauty of everything. Even the pivots looked majestic as they spread water over the fields, and they're just big pieces of metal! [I'm really gonna miss the peacefulness of Idaho. Life isn't running at such a fast pace here, and I know when I get back home it will be.] So the sun continued to set, and we turned around to go back home. As we got closer to Rexburg, the temple popped up from around the corner.
It was breathtaking. I love the way it just glows. I wish I had my camera with me, but this is the best I could get going 35 mph on the back of a bike with my phone.

I'm grateful for "that beautiful temple on top of the hill." (people always say that around here, but I really am grateful for it!) It doesn't matter where you are around here, you can always look up and it's there. What a blessing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot tell everyone how amazing and wonderful I am!

Darcie+Jake said...

p.s. tyler is amazing AND wonderful

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you could comment on these things! Comment, comment, comment!WOOHOO! PS I will never write on my blog. PPS or PSS or whatever it is - Rhet has a new blog, but it's on teacherlingo.com. He actually made it to the most popular list the other day - it was quite the celebration!