This week was hectic! Packing, cleaning, going to class, arranging rides, saying goodbye…. it’s hard to believe I fit it all in! Although it was all a little stressful, I sill managed to have some fun! I think if I had to pick my favorite day of this week, it would probably have to be Thursday. Earlier this week Erica’s car was making funny noises, so I took it over to Dan’s house to see if he could take a look at it. Since he is such a manly man, he figured out in 2 seconds that she needed new brake pads. So I went to the store, picked some up, and he took time out of his busy schedule to changed them as soon as I got back. I know he was really busy, so I promised him I would take him out to dinner one night before we parted ways. So, he came over to pick me up and to my surprise he drove his motorcycle! (I used to be really scared of motorcycles, but since I’ve been on them so much this past semester I’m starting to get over my fear.) We went to Joe’s diner, ate dinner, and afterwards he asked me if I was busy, and even though I had a massive amount of things to do, I said no. He said good, and started driving. We went outside of Rexburg and got on the highway, which I don’t recommend that anyone drive/ride a motorcycle going 70 mph without a helmet. ONE-it’s extremely dangerous. TWO-the bugs really sting your face when they hit you (not to mention it’s really disgusting too). THREE- if you are female, your eyes will water which could cause make-up to smear (luckily I was wearing waterproof mascara, but I was still concerned this would happen) and FOUR-my hair was impossible to get a brush through when it was all over with!
Finally we reached our destination (I don’t know if finally is the right word, it makes it sound like I didn’t enjoy the ride, which isn’t true. I love looking out at all the farming fields and staring out at the mountains when I’m out riding). We turned into the BYUI livestock center where our friend Vance was shoeing horses. After watching Vance do that for awhile, Dan asked if I wanted to hop on a horse. I’ve never ridden one before, so I told him I was kinda nervous and declined. Naturally Dan told me to stop being such a sissy, and he walked over to untie one of the horses. He jumped on it and I sat on the fence and watched. After he rode around the arena a few times, he pulled up beside me and told me to jump on. We trotted around for a little while, and then Dan told me I was going to ride by myself, but first he made me jump off. He wanted me to jump up on the horse on my own. I told him I was too short to, but he assured me that I could still do it. So I grabbed a hunk of the horse’s mane and jumped up. I failed at my first attempt, but I got up somehow the second time around. I think it would’ve been much easier to do if he had put a saddle on that thing!
Anyways, it was really fun to ride the horse around the arena on my own. I couldn’t always get it to go where I wanted it to go, but I didn’t do too bad of a job for my first ride! Dan said he was gonna make a cowgirl out of me one of these days...haha... first he took me to a rodeo in Arco and now I was up on a horse! I wish I would’ve had my camera with me!!...i took it out of my purse 5 minutes before we left that house because I didn’t think that I would need it! Oh well… maybe next time!
5 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment