Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 4, 2008

My thoughts are usually jumbled and don't make sense.

Today, as I was sitting at my brother-in-laws parent’s house, I was surrounded by multiple married and engaged couples. Everybody had a special someone to talk to and hang out with all night long…except me. We’re talking MAJOR fifth wheel here, and in a situation like that I think most people would feel a little lonely and sad, but it actually made me really excited for the future. I couldn’t help but smile as I watched all the giggling children running around and all the couples snuggling up together as we watched fireworks going off in the driveway. I could just picture having my own little boys (hopefully some girls too) running around, and my totally dorky husband running around right there with them. Nothing makes me happier than family (present and future). I have already been incredibly blessed by being born into a wonderful family, even if we are a little strange sometimes. They are always by my side no matter what. It’s such a strength to me to know I always have a support group to turn to when things aren’t going well; a support group who will pray for me and drive or fly hundreds of miles just to make sure that I am alright. I’m excited to go back to Virginia for the next 5 months to see them all. I’ve missed my mom, dad, brothers, sister in laws, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins… there are a lot of them, so can you see why I’m excited? All of my family is on the east coast with the exception of my sisters, and don’t get me wrong, it’s been really nice being closer to my sisters the last seven months; they are my best friends. While being out here, I have realized how much I’ve missed laughing about the most ridiculous things with Chelsea, and I have loved the opportunity it has given me to build a stronger relationship with Erica. I’m coming to the conclusion that coming out to BYUI was a good decision for me after all. I doubted it after all the fiancĂ© drama I went through, but for lack of a better description I must say, I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Although it’s been a little rough, I am thankful for the learning and growth the last 7 months have brought into my life. It’s been an adventure to say the least, but its all part of life. Life is full of change and change is good; therefore, I am content.

Misc thoughts:
-I’m really glad Baxter (my puppy) found a new home today.
-I’m proud of my brother who is currently serving in Iraq, and hope everyone keeps our troops in their prayers.
-I watched some of The Fiddler on the Roof today and the dancing made me laugh really hard.
-I realized I need to lay off the mountan dew and junk food because I’m starting to get love handles.

-Copeland [Beneath Medicine Tree] is STILL one of my all time favorite CDs.