Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Furniture Update


First before I write about the furniture, I just want to say some of Erica and Nate's wedding pictures are up on their facebooks and they are worth a few minutes to look at!!!! Love you guys.
(p.s. it was windy and my dress kept creeping up... it was not my intention to look like a hooch at my sister's wedding!)

Now to the furniture. Here's a quick peek at what we've been doing lately:

These were the day we first started the laundry basket dressers 

This is the finished product... well after this was taken another coat of paint was added
and three laundry baskets will be inserted into them. It is being debated whether it needs a gloss finish.. 

I am personally very proud of this coat rack because it was the first project I did by myself. Jake
put the legs on it but I did all the cuts, pocket hole drilling, gluing, and wood filling for the tree branches

This will be painted black this weekend and future ones will be stained.

One chair down, one to go! I think these pieces are awesome considering
we have never made anything like this before!

They will also see a stain and polyurethane finish!

This is just a side note picture. We did not make these but I did reupholster them and paint them.
This is transformation #2.

I love it.

Last but certainly not least.... The children's willow chair!!!
A co worker of mine owns the chair on the left and we made the one on the right!

It is perfect!!! :)
Well... not perfect... so it's going to Kyler next week. haha.



2 comments:

Mommala said...

Oh Darcie!! You and Jake are doing such a great job on this furniture!! I know these babies would sell like hotcakes here in VA! I hope they sell quickly at the farmer's market out there!! Totally Awesome!! Love ya!

Chelsea said...

Kyler must have known it was for him, cause he points to it and says "my chair?" haha