Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

This was my ray of sunshine during a "cloudy" day.

My supervisor has recently found out she has cancer and we are unsure when she might return. We hope she will be on her way to remission and back at work soon! I have been trying to keep up with all the testing that I do on a weekly basis along with all of hers. It's making things a little hectic but there are only 48 days of school left until summer vacation. I have a running countdown in my room right beside my desk...

But back to the ray of sunshine. I was doing some testing using writing prompts today and I asked a 3rd grader what his favorite thing to do during the summer was or what was something fun he did last summer. He answered me with, " I liked going on a plane to Moscow last summer." At first I thought he was making it up, but then I asked him a few more questions and he told me a little bit more about the trip. My final question was about the plane ride, so that was what he wrote his paper about. During the timed test I noticed that the little boy started drawing and since I know this particular young man likes to doodle I quickly said, " No pictures for this, just words!" He started to say something but I interrupted and said, "Just keep going bud :)"

Then the timer went off, he left my room, and I started grading his work. As I read over the paper, it made me laugh so hard I had to take a picture of it.
It says, "I'm on the plane and you push a button like this ____ and you have everything you need."


This is the button he drew a picture of.... it's a flight attendant with a cart!!


Too cute. I've never pressed that button before, but I gotta try it next time I fly to VA if you really get "everything you want" when you press it!!  

1 comment:

Mommala said...

Don't bother.....I've pushed the button and your lucky if you don't get scowled at!! LOL!!