Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

HERE IT IS!!!

The end table is complete and all set up in the apartment!!! We should have been finished weeks ago but we were feeling a little unmotivated after waiting days for the epoxy to dry. Plus we do all our woodworking at Blaine and Shari's so we have to go out to Archer to continue working on our projects. It would be different if all of our things were at our own place, but I think the apartment managers would frown upon us using power tools in our living room. Anyways, I'll let the pictures do the talking from start to finish:

First we had to bundle up and search for wood. Yes you see snow and this is only one of the
wood piles we searched through.

I measured the diameter of probably 30 pieces before I chose the first batch.
Yes first... we had a few options to choose from when we got back home.

Love this man. He cut the ends off of trees so I could get a better feel of what the pieces
would look like.

Another reason I love Jake, when he was logging in Wyoming he brought these
juniper tree branches home for my project

Juniper is beautiful when you peel off the bark.
(He gets tired of all my picture taking)

Blaine and Shari were gone for the weekend so we brought our frozen wood in to dry by the fire!
Look how pale they are before epoxy.
Note: I watched the bark as it dried to super glue it back on once it started cracking off.
I'm a freak perfectionist about my projects... just ask Jake.

The epoxy is a clear liquid that hardens and as the wood soaked it in, it turned this pretty color!

Pre-drilling to put in the middle stand.

Checking the bottom pieces to see if they are even...

... and they never are,  so this is on my lap because we wouldn't want the top coat to get
scratched. We always get covered in sawdust while making furniture.  

Fastening the top piece.

This is our test drive... if it can hold a plant it can hold a lamp... haha.

Finally brought it home :)

Ta-da! 

It's getting a little outdoorsy in this corner!!!

2 comments:

Mommala said...

That table is beautiful and very artistic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the color also. You go Darcie!!!! I think you're going to do great at the farmer's market. You've got a lot of work to do now so start rockin' and rollin' with the production!! Love you!! (And Jake, I know you've done a lot to make these too. You both have a great idea!!!)

Chad said...

This is awesome. How far do you ship your custom furniture?