Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Island Park Cabin

Last weekend Jake and I went with his family to their cabin in Island Park. I love going up there for multiple reasons: the first being that the cabin is special to me because that was where Jake took me on our first date. (Yes, I met the family on the first date!)  Second, I love going there because it's beautiful. Third, we get a chance to get away from EVERYTHING because we're away from school and work and we can barely even get cell phone service there. It was fun to get away for the weekend and just spend time with my husband. Don't get me wrong- it's awesome to spend time with the family, but my favorite part was just being with Jake. Things are so hectic during the week that some nights we barely get to see each other for an hour before we're both in bed asleep. People always say enjoy the present because you will never get it back, but sometimes I still wish is was July 2011 because Jake will be done with school! I used to look forward to the weekends, but even those are cut short most of the time now too.... ok, I'll quit complaining. Back to the cabin-
we brought the kayaks so naturally we spent time in them every day that we were up there. 
 
In this one we were sharing a kayak. 
and the next one is just Jake being Jake:
 
Yes, he did ride that down the dock and into the water... 
Anyways, on Saturday we went for a little drive and went fishing by a creek that Blaine used to camp at when he was logging up there as a teenager. I always like his stories... he told us about how everyone would make pancakes in the mornings and he would always clean out the batter bowl. After a week or so of doing that every morning, he noticed that the little fish (Brookies) would all gather a little downstream when he would walk up and eat the batter. It was a cute story. 
 
And here are the little fish that we caught

 
That may or may not be a face of pure fear and disgust. I do not like fish. They freak me out. They are slimy, floppy, it looks like they gasp for air with their nasty gills when you take them out of water, and they just creepily stare at you because they never blink. Ew. But I held it for Jake because I love him and he really wanted to take this picture. 

Bleh! It gives me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it. 
And to make matters worse, Jake is a total country boy who has grown up outside his whole life, so where did he keep the fish that he caught and wanted to eat later? His pocket.The cut up worms are in there too. SICK!
Big Springs was the adventure for Sunday. Jake and I also went up there on our first date. The water is crystal clear there and everyone goes up there to feed the trout. Not too far away from there we went on a hike up to an old look-out tower. They took out the first flight of stairs to discourage anyone from going up there but it didn't work too well. 

 


It was a great weekend spent with good friends and a great family. The weather was perfect and I'm a little sad that it is going to start getting colder every day from here on out... but that's ok... I love being able to wear all my cute coats and scarves I've acquired over the years!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

ewwww in his pocket? sick! That place looks fun, maybe Rhet and I will have to bring the canoe up one day! Nice title change by the way!

Nadia Woodhouse said...

hahahahah why haven't i seen this before? girl make him do his own laundry