On Sundays Jake and I like to go out to his parent’s house and enjoy family dinner. Last Sunday we couldn’t stay very long because Jake had to work at the station that night, but we somehow found enough time to go on a walk before dinner. Jake rode the tandem bike up to the front door and told me my limo had arrived, so I jumped on and we rode down to the river. We started to walk through an obnoxious path of trees, vines, and weeds and for the life of me I could not figure out why Jake was making me walk that way. Finally he told me that he had seen some moose down the path we were walking so our walk quickly turned into a moose hunt. After 15 minutes we found some, but they were hiding and we scared them off. I’ll I got to see was a butt of a moose-RIPOFF! So kept walking and moved a motion sensor camera that Jake’s dad had set up so he could monitor the animals and figure out where the best place to hunt was, and on our way back I started to complain about how I was never going to see a boy moose with paddles. As soon as I said that, Jake stopped and told me to look to my side. To the right of me there was a family of moose; a dad, a mom, and a baby which was precious. I like to see them because they are incredible creatures, but I am scared to death of them. They are apparently very hostile animals-especially when there is a baby involved. So I watched them start to walk away and the hop the little creek. It was funny to watch them hop the creek one by one because the little baby went last and stopped because it had to think about how it was going to jump it for a few seconds before it would take the leap.
Anyways, back to the title of the blog “First haircut”. We ate dinner and only had about 40 minutes before we had to leave when Jake said “Hey want to give me a haircut?” I thought he was joking but he wasn’t. I have never given a haircut to anyone before so I was really nervous and really didn’t want to make my husband look like a moron. I learned how to use a taper and used three different sized clippers on Jake’s hair and it actually turned out ok. Everyone said it looked nice and Jake didn’t have to go straight to a barber after my attempt. He told me for a few days after that it looked good and I believe him because when he got his hair cut before our wedding he hated it and he complained about it for the next 2 weeks.
This is when I first started buzzing it off:



3 comments:
how cute! I hate cutting Rhet's hair, but I've been dio0ng it for 4 years now so he's used to the bad haircuts, lol!
Good job Darcie!! Hey! Remember when I used to cut yours and your sisters hair??? LOL!! Bangs and straight across the back!! Too funny! Boy how things have changed huh??
I love it!
Post a Comment