Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's 1:30 in the morning and I can't sleep

I am tired and exhausted in every way possible right now and all I want to do is sleep. Not happening though so I guess I'll post something.

I'll just go through a few pictures on my camera and see what I've been up to.

Starting off, a couple weekends ago I went to Utah to visit Chelsea and we went shopping for wedding accessories. Poor Ky always has to go on these girly trips with us and we might have tried a few things on him while we were at Claire's.
He looks a little concerned in this picture....

Moving on-
One of the most amazing people I have ever met came to Rexburg to see me recently and it was just what I needed in the midst of all the wedding stress.

The one and only MARY HILL!!!
She really is just what I needed. Sometimes I still feel out of place and alone in Rexburg which is weird because I've lived here for 2 1/2 years, but being able to hang out with a close friend from home was like a breath of fresh air. We shot skeet, she tried to learn how to dirtbike, and we ended the night by watching a movie in a hot tub. It was a pretty fun night. It was nice to talk to her and catch up on our lives. She gets me... and that's hard to come by.

I also had a bridal shower last week hosted by Jake's Mom, sisters, and Nadia. I got a lot of nice things from neighbors and other relatives like cleaning supplies and just other necessities for around the house. It was really nice of everyone to come especially because I don't really know anyone that came.


I got to go to KC's and Nadia's bridal showers last Saturday which was fun and I am excited to have friends that are getting married around the same time as me. I like being able to share this new chapter of our lives together.
It was a busy day on Saturday because in between showers, I went to see Jake at a fire training. The fire dept burnt down an abandoned building and they let me take pictures. I took over 100 pictures, but I'm not loading them all on here... I put them on facebook instead. Here are just a few from that day:

I am proud of Jake for everything he has accomplished and what he continues to accomplish.  I'm glad that he loves his job and I feel like I'm pretty supportive of it, but sometimes I guess I'm too selfish and I want him to spend time with me instead of picking up every extra shift he can take. Is that really such a bad thing? I love Jake with all my heart, but I think the stress of planning and moving and feeling like I am alone in all this is coming back up which creates a lot of craziness for us.
Dating was easy, but being engaged can be a little bit of a nightmare sometimes. I just have to make it 22 more days... then I will never have to make wedding plans again.
I'm ready for my family to get to Idaho already.
August 13th-please get here soon.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

22 days! Yikes-a-be! I feel like there is still so much to do! (Not to add to the stress or anything!) I'm gonna call you with a check list sister girl!

Mommala said...

I want so bad to be there to help!! Where is that dog gone Lear Jet already!!! No worries here in VA. Got everything squared away for you! Love ya!