Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

6 weeks to go and we're getting things done!

I'll start the description of my adventures with last weekend when Jake and I went to his family's cabin in Island Park. I was very excited to go because Jake and I had our first date there this time last year. It's beautiful up there and we went with his whole family and some of their friends. 

Before we got there though, we went to Mack's Inn which is a dinner theater and watched a funny play called Pirates of the Car-rib-EEE-an. We decided that would be our double birthday present since we both have birthdays the first two weeks of June. We didn't make reservations, so when we got there we had to buy tickets. The guy behind the register asked us our last name and when we got the tickets, this is what they looked like:
 
Seriously?
I laughed pretty hard about that one. After the play, we went to the cabin and this was our welcome:
 We weren't the only ones trying to get in the door.... 

The weekend was really fun. Jake and I went on a bike ride around the island Saturday morning before everyone woke up and we saw a fox playing in the woods.
 
We went swimming and Jake tried out his new snorkel.
  
He really did use the snorkel too... he fished out all the golf balls we were hitting off the dock. 

 
We went on a paddle boat ride and a boat ride with Shaunie and Garren (Jake's sister & bro in law)

 


Sadie liked the boat ride and I think she liked our tree-tipping experience. 
Yes, tree tipping. 

     


 I had a video of Jake and Garren tipping over a tree, but my blog is acting up and I can't post it :(

Oh well, here's a view from where we were tipping over trees:
 
At the top of that mountain there is a golf ball looking tower.. 

 
You can barely see it in this picture, but that is Sawtelle. From the top of that mountain you can see Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana. Kinda cool, so we took a drive up there and these are the views:
 


Here's the whole gang:

It was fun to get away for a few days and spend time with my family to be! 
On the way up to the top of Sawtelle we saw a momma moose and her twin babies cross the road... that was pretty sweet too!


Yes- I still get excited when I see a moose because you just don't see those in Virginia! 

This is a long post, but I'll some up the rest. Jake and I are almost done with our bed frame! We worked on it this week and it is coming along quite nicely!
 


 


 
All we have left is the middle piece and a paint job. We'll eventually make a headboard and maybe way down the road some sliding drawers for the cubbies, but we won't try to tackle that until we are in our next apartment a year from now. 

And now for the grand finale! Yesterday Jake and I went to Alpine, Wyoming to get some fireworks. On the way up to Alpine we passed Palisades and the spot where Jake proposed to me. It was beautiful up there and it was really sweet of Jake to stop and point it out. 
 


I love you Jake! 6 weeks until we get to start our new life together :)

1 comment:

Mommala said...

What a fun adventure!! Not long now until your eternal adventure begins!!! Love ya!