Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Nothing Like Spending The Weekend Together

What an eventful day :)  I picked out flowers for the reception centerpieces and ordered them all online today which is what I have been working on all week! Then I got ready for the day and Jake took me out to lunch in Idaho Falls. After we were done at Chili's we took a walk around the Idaho Falls Temple (where we are getting married) and we got to see a Hubble Telescope exhibit in the Visitor's Center which was amazing! 
After we left the temple, I asked Jake to take me to D.I. (which is Goodwill to my east coasters) and we found vases for the centerpieces for super cheap. We bought 7 of them $6.36!! 
 They turned out to be perfect for what we want to use them for! And might I add... I'm marrying a very funny man. Jake had to work tonight, but we had a few hours to play this afternoon, so we went to Home Depot and bought $90 worth of wood to start building our bed frame... it should look like this when we are completely done with it-


 Storage drawers will be put in underneath inside of those cubby holes and we will make an upholstered headboard like the second picture. I'm really excited to build this all; we will have really nice furniture for cheap! Just need to put in a lot of time and a little sweat and it will turn out perfect! We're still debating whether or not we will paint it or stain it, but we'll worry about that once the thing is actually made. Once we got done with our adventures in Idaho Falls, we went back to Jake's house and found some baby birds. I have never seen baby birds this young before and I was kind of grossed out by them... They look freaky when they are newly hatched. 
They look like aliens. Ew....but look how big their beaks are! haha... Let's give them a few weeks to get a little cuter.

Jake and I have been exercising together more lately, which has been really fun. We usually do P90x, but today we tried out the exercise balls. We did a 25 minute workout but it wasn't really worth our time. It was more of a warm up then a workout, but we had some good laughs during it. While we were "working out", Carlie (Jake's youngest sister) went up to the school and rented a canoe til Monday for $15. The river behind his house is high which will be perfect for canoeing. I think Jake and I will take it out tomorrow and go for a little birthday canoeing trip! I'll have to take some pictures because it is beautiful down there, and who knows... maybe we'll see a moose that isn't dead this time. 

Other note worthy pictures taken today include the one below addressing tourists. On our way home from I.F. we went to an antique store and this sign is posted down the street from it:
We also took a few pictures out on the trampoline...
 My hair looks crazy in the sunlight...it really doesn't look white trash in person, but either way I will be coloring it this week!

Tomorrow, June 13th, will be my birthday which will also be our 2 month mark until we get married!!! 

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Now that looks like a fun adventure! Gotta love DI too! That sign is the most awesome thing ever. And I still can't believe you are getting married! Ahhh!

Mommala said...

Happy Birthday Darcie!!! So sad you aren't with us to celebrate :o(