Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

July Adventures

We’ve already established that I really stink at the whole blogging thing, but I still like to put them up every now and then. So here are a few adventures in the month of July I thought were worth mentioning: (ordered oldest to most recent)

TACO BUS
I had never even been to a taco van when I stumbled upon this newly opened taco bus. It looked really cool from the outside, so naturally I needed to take a closer look. So a few friends and I drove over one night and checked it out…not only was the food good, but the bus had been transformed into a mini restaurant. All the normal seats have been taken out and two long benches were installed on both sides of the aisle along with little counters (I guess you can call them) under the windows so you have a place to eat on the bus.



FOURTH OF JULY
This year for the fourth of July I decided to stay in Rexburg so that I could see the Idaho Falls Fireworks Show. (Everyone said it was worth seeing…and they were right!) Most of my friends left for the weekend, but I was still determined to have some fun. Cliff left me his Wrangler since the weather was going to be nice and he knew how much I love driving it, and Jake had invited me to go with him to the Rexburg parade. So the morning started out with Jake and I walking all over Rexburg because every time there was a break in the parade we would walk further and further down the street to find the next attraction, which brought us to the fire station where Jake and I hung out with friends who we knew through the EMT program and Jake working at the station. Then we moved on to Smith Park where we watched his grandfather receive recognition for his service in the armed forces, bought a water balloon launcher and shot some balloons off the stadium with Erica, and then we headed down to IF to walk around until the fireworks started.

This is me laughing in front of the IF temple.

Having fun at the stadium and the fireworks :)

DEMOLITION DERBY
The weekend after the fourth of July, the roommates, friends, and I attended the Madison County Demolition Derby. We all, of course, HAD to dress up for the event. It was fun watching cars crash into each other, but I think the most fun came from finding the perfect outfit to wear.

The paramedic on the left was one of my instructors and someone that I really look up to.

These were the outfits, the cars, and Tom helping out with the tow truck :)


BRIDGE JUMPING
This is something I refuse to do. It looks like fun, but I still get nervous about things floating down the river that could potentially leave me paralyzed or brain dead for the rest of my life… that and I don’t really like the idea of getting a mega wedgie from hitting the water super fast when I’m hanging out with a group of guys. Anyways… I still go along for the adventure because I enjoy being in the water. I wouldn’t say that I love swimming or anything; I’m more of the wading type. Here are some pictures of the guys I went with jumping off the bridge:




YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK
Who doesn’t love the word “free”? On July 18, Yellowstone had a free admissions weekend where they waived the $20 fee to get into the park. The park is only 2 hours away from campus, so Erica, John, Jake, and I jumped into a vehicle and headed to the park for a day of adventure. It was really cool to see all the hot pots, wild animals, and Old Faithful. I’m glad I got to go with Erica since she had never been in the four years she had lived out west and now she’s graduated and who knows when she’ll be able to make it back out again.

No comments: