Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursdays are bitter sweet

I can not decide whether I like Thursdays anymore. My first thought when I woke up this morning was, "Only one more day until Jake comes home!!!", but by the end of the day when I'm sitting around with nothing to do for the fourth day in a row it turns into, " I haven't seen my husband in four days and it is making me really sad." So here we are at the end of the day when life has settled into it's Thursday evening state of sadness, and I'm wondering- why in the world is Taco Bell my comfort food?!?   It's 11:45 pm. I have to wake up at 6:30 and I am really going to regret eating that double decker taco when I'm tossing and turning all night from reflux. Darn you Thursdays- you are going to be the death of me...

On a brighter note, I did spend some time making a tree out of things I could find around the house. This is going to be Jake and I's first Christmas tree... made out of scarves, pushpins, tape, and paper. You might say it's ghetto- I prefer creative, but I can put presents under it and we're leaving for Virginia in 11 days where we will be surrounded by Christmas decorations so I don't care. Jake told me he would cut down a tree for me but it would be kinda pointless since we're only going to be home another week and a half. I was tired of my apartment looking anti-Christmas so here it is: (it even has a heart ornament that says J+D: Our first Christmas 2010)

I even stashed it in the corner of the room so it was out of the way of everything.. haha.

Bottom line: Sometimes all I want is a simple happy life full of simple happy things. 
Wilson Phillips says it best: 
Don't you know things can change
Things'll go your way
If you hold on for one more day
Can you hold on for one more day
Things'll go your way
Hold on for one more day...


If the words don't cheer you up the music video will because all 80s music videos are ridiculous. 

4 comments:

Mommala said...

80's videos were the most creative videos in the WORLD!!!!! And you know it!! Love you honey!! Hurry home so you can get some family lovin'!!

Chelsea said...

Lovin the tree girl. It def. gets my gold star of approval!!

Erica said...

Love the tree. Love you. Can't wait to see you. Quitting my job in 2 hours... so I haven't slept much tonight. I'll sleep better when Jake's in his own room and you are spooned in with me haha ;)

Nadia Woodhouse said...

oh darcie i love you