Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Keep Moving, Keep living. Keep rejoicing.

"Our Father in Heaven expects you to have enough faith and determination, and enough trust in Him, to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. In fact, He expects you not simply to face the future; He expects you to embrace and shape the future—to love it and rejoice in it and delight in your opportunities. God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has."
-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

This quote was on a blog of a friend’s and it was just what I needed to read today. This week has been an emotional week for me even though it has been no different from others as of lately. Jake and I have had a crazy chain of events happen to us recently with no end in sight, and it isn’t always easy to step back and look at what is really happening. We are trying to take our trials and learn from them... so what am I learning from it all?

*Plans change.

*Goals change.

*Marriages can be strengthened through adversity.

*You can fall in love with your spouse all over again every week-or in our case every weekend.

*Families and friends are incredible support systems.

*Prayers are answered and Heavenly Father molds you into the person He knows you can be.

Jake and I have been given a chance to reevaluate our goals and dreams. We have been given the opportunity to see what is really important and realize there is absolutely no time to sweat the small stuff. I’m learning to not fret over things I can not change. As Jake always says, “There’s no point in getting mad about anything because it won’t change what is going on and it only makes things worse for everyone around.”

Thank you Dad for reminding me this week that I need to “focus on the positive and not-as your mother says- invite negativity into your life”. :)
My first thought was- you’re right.
My second thought was-Dad you’ve been around Mom too long.
And my third thought was- I have incredible parents. I love you both so much!

So here I go, these are some of my positive thoughts and pictures of things that have made me smile last month:

Our picture from the Superheroes 5k last year is the main picture on this year's registration page along with Brian and his girls on the front page.

Blaine and Jake still think one day I'll be a country girl.
 

Jake will always be a big kid and our lives will never be boring.

Compost/bark piles make great sledding hills.

We're in love

We can laugh at ourselves.

Christmas is in 21 days and I get to leave all this snow and enjoy time in VA & PA!
  



3 comments:

Mommala said...

That's my girl Darcie!!! Maybe somehow I am rubbing off on all of you!! Every day when we are blessed to wake up and live another day, we are given another opportunity to be an instrument in God's hands here on this earth. I pray every day that I can make good use of the day that I have today and not look back on past events or worry about things I can not see in the future. Just like the old saying....Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why we call it the present!! Make the most of each "gift" you are given. It's what I try to do every day!! I love and miss you very much! Only 16 more days until I see you!!!

Chelsea said...

Remember how mom used to love me, but now you are her favorite. Ya, I remember that. Remember too that I love you so much and you better come visit soon!!!

Nick's Kat said...

Hey darc! i just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and jake, I hope you know how grateful i am for you!