Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 15, 2009

Welcome back to my life!

I’m going to make it a goal to write on my blog at least once a week from now on! And I will start back up with a few brief recaps of what has been going on during the last few weeks.

ICE CAVES!

Last weekend I got to experience going to the Ice Caves, which were absolutely amazing! The cave floors are covered in ice all year round, so it’s very slippery. I had fun army-crawling and getting on my back to push myself through the tight spots in the cave. If you make it to the end of the cave, there’s an ice slide at the end, and naturally I had to go down it! My clothes were really wet when I got back out of the caves (which was really hard to do because you’re trying to climb up ice hills… not that easy!). A large group of people went to the caves that night, so we had a bonfire and hung out before we called it a night. The funniest part of the night was off-roading to get to the caves. I’m almost positive every jeep and truck got stuck on the way down there. It should’ve taken us 20-30 mins to get there, but it took my crew over an hour because we had to keep towing people out and then we needed towed and no one could help us! It was fun, but I don’t know if I got more bruises climbing through the caves or from hitting my knees on the dashboard! I wish I would’ve brought my camera because I could’ve taken really cool pictures in the caves… oh well. Hopefully I’ll get to go back there again before I leave Idaho.

MESA FALLS!

I went to the Ice Caves last Saturday, and Sunday after church the same friends were adventuring up to Mesa Falls and invited me to come along. Cliff packed a picnic lunch for the two of us, which we ate once we got up to the falls. I got some pretty pictures while I was up there, so I’ll let those do the talking!

This is me in front of the waterfall and pictures of the scenery around it.

No comments: