Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

august is here!

August is here and it's going to be amazing! Last weekend I got together with some of my old co-workers and we went to North Carolina. It was so relaxing! Elna (the teacher I used to work with) lives right on the Albemarle Sound so Staci, Jill, and I decided we needed to pay her a visit! And so for three days straight, we all layed out on blow up rafts and soaked up the sun! It was awesome to actually swim in water that wasn't FREEZING like Rigby lake always is. But anyways, having a girl's weekend was just the thing I needed to start out the month. There's nothing like staying up until 2 in the morning just sharing stories and catching up on everyone's lives.
So now I'm back to work and I really couldn't ask for a more amazing job!!! Thomas' family is way too nice to me. Last week they made me a cake and sang me happy birthday since I was in Idaho back in June and they missed my birthday. For my birthday they bought me this really nice Vera Bradley beach towel because I had told them all about when I got a puppy for a week and the dang thing peed all over the only beach towel that I owned! They are too sweet. Another perk to the job is that I get to make my own schedule. :)
Life is great and I really can't complain about anything! I'm leaving for Pennsylvania in about 6 hours for my cousin's wedding. I'm really excited for it since it's going to be like a huge family reunion! My mom's side of the family is so crazy and I am so ready for some laughs! It's always an adventure with them.. that's for sure! Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures up over the weekend and if not they'll be up next week!

Random notes worth mentioning-
-I'm loving Virginia, but I really miss Idaho! (and all my friends at BYUI)
-It's been really good to catch up and see old friends :)
-and-
-I LOVE brunswick stew! (if you don't know what that is, you are CLEARLY not from VA)

No comments: