Well I have been meaning to put up pictures from Christmas, so I will shortly talk about the holidays and then get to this past weekend!
Holiday Highlights:
 |
| Christmas morning.... |
 |
| The next day-ew. |
 |
| Jake new obsession: His Ipod |
 |
| Being home for Christmas. |
 |
| The lovebirds....precious. |
 |
| Seeing my grandmother <3 yes-she still makes me sit on her lap for pictures-ha :) |
 |
| Spending time with these precious angels. |
|
 |
| and finally- having Jake turn our Christmas "teepee" into an outhouse. Never trust that boy when he has a grin on his face. |
|
|
Now of course there were other amazing moments that were not caught by the camera like:
Seeing the Rowleys, eating lunch in Salt Lake with my sisters and their significant others, and seeing amazing friends like the one and only Mary Hill and the Nussmans.
But now to last weekend's Wilcox Weekend Getaway::
For those of you who know us well, you know that we only see each other on the weekends. So last week I started to plan a fun weekend for us to enjoy to get away from all the stresses we've been under. I will be the first to tell you I am not a fan of camping, but Jake is- so Friday night when he go home we went "camping" in our living room.
 |
| I cleared out the living room and covered the furniture with camouflage. We watched a movie in our sleeping bags, but we wussed out and decided to sleep that night in our bed. BUT-the next morning we ate smores for breakfast and roasted the marshmallows by the heater. |
The weekend getaway continued on Saturday when we went ice fishing with Jake's family at Ririe Reservoir.
 |
| I found out that you don't really do ANYTHING when you go ice fishing, so I ventured off on my own. |
 |
| I wrote our initials in the snow by scooting my feet around on the ice. It was a lot bigger than it appears in this picture and I almost slipped and busted my butt when I was jumping from the letters to the plus sign. | | |
|
|
After freezing our buns all day we hurried home to finish our date. I told Jake we were going to Hawaii. We ate Hawaiian haystacks for dinner and made smoothies to chase them down. I tried to make it as tropical as I could by using guava juice and coconut water.
I wouldn't let Jake go into the room all day because I decorated it with anything Hawaiian I could find. This is a few shots of the room.
 |
| We turned up the heater in the room and watched 50 first dates. |
 |
| I made this little concoction using some dollar store specials and flowers from our wedding. |
 |
| This little beauty is a lamp made from coconut leaves. Jake brought it back from Brazil. |
And that pretty much sums up the weekend. Jake didn't have to go to work on Monday so I got to spend an extra day with him this week :) While he was out running errands, he bought me flowers for the first time!
They are beautiful and a bud has bloomed every day that he has been gone. Our room smells like lilies and even though they smell kinda weird, I'm really starting to like it. But anyways, Jake was so proud of himself for buying me something he went out and bought himself a present too... a new gun.I can't leave that boy alone for a second! I guess now I don't have to worry about intruders... we went out to his parents house and tested it out Monday night. Our next gun purchase will be a tiny pink light weight hand gun for me.
2 comments:
Jake has a gun? Heaven help us. Very nice date idea
I'm glad that you had a great weekend "traveling" around the world! Gotta say that I'm a little hurt by not seeing any pictures of you and me together for the hollidays....sniff sniff :o( I guess you're still hurt from me changing my profile pic to the hot air balloon. tee hee :o)
Post a Comment